We are so pleased to welcome you to Newport and the Brenton Hotel. We want to assure you that our priority is the health and safety of our guests and team. This assurance is reflected in our design, our operation, and our firm commitment to you. Please review the following information regarding what you can expect when you arrive and during your stay at the new Brenton Hotel.
General Property Information
The cornerstone of the Brenton’s luxurious design has been to provide a feeling of spaciousness, privacy, and security. The Brenton’s rooms are large and airy with floor-to-ceiling windows and doors bringing in fresh ocean breezes. There are a maximum of 15 rooms located on each floor and generously large guest corridors and public spaces allow freedom of space and social distancing.
We are following guidelines set by the CDC, the Rhode Island Hospitality Association, the State of Rhode Island and other related government authorities in developing our operational procedures and protocols. These procedures, protocols, and adapted operational programming are subject to change based on guidance from the various authorities.
- • The property has been deep cleaned and sanitized. We are maintaining a schedule of multiple sanitation cleanings daily to ensure safe and comfortable environments for our guests and team.
- • Hand sanitizer stations are located throughout the property, and we have added sanitizing packs with individual sanitizers and masks in each room.
- • Disposable masks are available upon request at our front desk.
- • In addition to the two guest elevators, our property is equipped with stairs at the end of each wing of the building. Our elevators do require key card access and guest room floor access is restricted to registered guests on each floor.
- • The health of all team members is carefully monitored. All team members undergo extensive Covid-19 training. Daily temperature checks are required for all team members and a daily health log is kept. And, any team members that have any reason to believe they may have been exposed to Covid-19 or the flu, or are showing symptoms of either, are instructed to NOT come to work.
Arrival and Departures
- • Arrivals will be spaced out to allow for individualized guest check-in. Check-in will be expedited to accommodate minimal contact, and the Guest Services team may be reached by phone at any time for additional assistance.
- • Guests will have the option to review and accept general check-in information via email. Guest Services will pre-authorize your stay with us and issue your room keys in advance of your arrival. You will be escorted directly to your room upon arrival.
- • Guests will receive a final bill via email prior to departure, so it will not be necessary to visit Guest Services to complete your check-out.
- • Room changes and upgrades will only be offered 24 hours prior to check in.
- • Valet and Bell services have been paused. Guest Services is available to assist you with individual requests.
Cleaning and disinfecting protocols require that particular attention is paid to high-touch items such as remote controls, light switches, door handles, faucets and water closet handles, temperature control panels, luggage racks and other non-porous items.
We want to provide you with the highest level of service and attention, but we understand if you prefer to limit team members entering your room. To accommodate personal preferences, we are offering options for Housekeeping services. Please be advised turn down services have been suspended. Your housekeeping preference will be confirmed at arrival.
- • Housekeeping Daily Service: Brenton Hotel standard, for those guests who prefer full daily services. We do ask that guests vacate their rooms while housekeeping is servicing the room.
- • Housekeeping Limited Service: Our team will access your room once daily to provide make up service. Refill and restock will be based on request and can be arranged through Guest Services. We do ask that guests vacate their rooms while housekeeping is servicing the room.
- • Housekeeping Daily Drop Service: We understand some of you may not want to share your space with others once you arrive, so we will stock your room appropriately and are prepared to drop additional supplies and towels at your door upon request. Upon arrival, we will discuss options for additional requests and linen exchanges.
- • Turn Down Service: To minimize employee presence in guest rooms, turn down service is paused at this time. Beds will be made with turn down prior to guest arrival.
Guest preference will also apply to mini-bar service. The minibars are stocked at arrival or you may choose to have all products removed from the mini-bar. Paper pads, pens and magazines are available upon request.
Please contact the Guest Services team if you have any questions regarding housekeeping.
- • Dining will be available in the Brenton’s two food and beverage venues, LR and the Roof Top, as well as in-room via room service. To ensure a relaxing and enjoyable dining experience, seating in LR has been designed to allow for comfortable spacing. Guests are invited to our open seating concept and asked to remain mindful of the safety and comfort of all guests. Tables cannot be moved to ensure proper spacing. Restaurant team members will be wearing masks for the safety and comfort of guests. Rhode Island guidelines currently include the language that guests must also be masked when not eating or drinking.
- • While we are always diligent in maintaining health and sanitation codes, surfaces will be sanitized with increased regularity.
- • Guests can purchase breakfast and other provisions in the LR from 7 am to 11 am daily. Offers include single served or portioned items from local purveyors certain to start your day off well. Breakfast will also be available via in-room dining.
- • Roof Top at Brenton Hotel will offer full cocktail services and our small bite menu, weather permitting. The same protocols used in LR will apply to the Roof Top. Guests will adhere to Rhode Island and CDC guidelines for the number of people gathering in an outdoor location.
- • “Brenton One,” our 36’ Hinckley Picnic Boat, is available for private sessions and will follow RI and CDC guidelines for the number of people gathering in one location.
- • Fitness Room access is first come, first serve and is located in the adjacent Marriott.
- • You can arrange to have one of the Brenton’s two Peloton bikes delivered to your guest room. The Pelotons will be fully sanitized prior to delivery and are available on a first come first serve basis (additional fees apply).
- • Our regular outdoor activity opportunities are available individually and for groups up to six people. These activities do require advanced registration. The Bellevue Ave guided run, Biking Tour of Aquidneck Island, and Yoga on the Roof schedules and registration are available through Guest Services.
- • Social distancing will be practiced throughout any activity for both team and guest safety where applicable.
Please feel free to contact the Guest Services team if you have any questions regarding our procedures and protocols.
We hope your visit to Newport and the Brenton creates wonderful experiences and fantastic memories!