We are so pleased to welcome you to Newport and the Brenton Hotel. We want to assure you that our priority is the health and safety of our guests and team. This assurance is reflected in our design, our operation, and our firm commitment to you. Please review the following information regarding what you can expect when you arrive and during your stay at the new Brenton Hotel.
Please note that the State of Rhode Island has recently issued an executive order requiring masks in indoor settings. Click here to read all state regulations regarding travel. Proof of vaccination can be shown if you’d prefer to not wear a mask. Any unmasked colleagues have proof of vaccination on file.
General Property Information
The cornerstone of the Brenton’s luxurious design has been to provide a feeling of spaciousness, privacy, and security. The Brenton’s rooms are large and airy with floor-to-ceiling windows and doors bringing in fresh ocean breezes. There are a maximum of 15 rooms located on each floor and generously large guest corridors and public spaces allow freedom of space and social distancing.
We are following guidelines set by the CDC, the Rhode Island Hospitality Association, the State of Rhode Island and other related government authorities in developing our operational procedures and protocols. These procedures, protocols, and adapted operational programming are subject to change based on guidance from the various authorities.
- • The property has been deep cleaned and sanitized. We are maintaining a schedule of multiple sanitation cleanings daily to ensure safe and comfortable environments for our guests and team.
- • Hand sanitizer stations are located throughout the property, and we have added sanitizing packs with individual sanitizers and masks in each room.
- • Disposable masks are available upon request at our front desk.
- • In addition to the two guest elevators, our property is equipped with stairs at the end of each wing of the building. Our elevators do require key card access and guest room floor access is restricted to registered guests on each floor.
- • The health of all team members is carefully monitored. All team members undergo extensive Covid-19 training. Any team members that have any reason to believe they may have been exposed to Covid-19 or the flu, or are showing symptoms of either, are instructed to NOT come to work.
Please feel free to contact the Guest Services team if you have any questions regarding our procedures and protocols.
We hope your visit to Newport and the Brenton creates wonderful experiences and fantastic memories!